10.21.2015

It's my 1 year blogiversary!!

Hey everyone! :) Guess what day today is? It's.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (suspense!)
My one year blogiversary! YAY! I'm not going to be doing a giveaway or anything today (because I don't think my parents would like that idea too much ;)) but I thought I would just tell you guys the story of how I started this blog :)
~~~
In May I made a blog using Wordpress, but I was annoyed with how my blog turned out and was unable to get a good design. It was called DollDays. ;) I made a "welcome to my blog" post but got no comments because I didn't know any bloggers I could tell. That summer I made one more post (I don't remember what it was about), and then I decided that Wordpress just wasn't made for me. I made another blog with Blogger, and again named it DollDays. I made a couple of doll posts on there, but then started brainstorming for a new name for a new doll blog. (I have no idea why I wanted to get rid of DollDays :P) I eventually thought of the name "The Dolly District", made a new blog, and voila! The Dolly District was officially published on October 21st, 2014 :) I made my design (even though it looked pretty bad, I was still proud of it. XD) And on November 7th, 2014 I made my first "welcome" post (I know, it took me foooorrreeevver to get my design up. Practically a month. LOL!) Then I told the few bloggers I knew about my blog, and they left some sweet comments :D And that's the story! Now, 26 followers and 118 posts later, I'm still blogging about dolls (duh! :P) and enjoying making every post for you guys :) Thank you so much for reading TDD! I read all of your comments and each and every one of them means a lot to me ^_^
And that's the story! Now I thought I'd show you the difference in my photos when I first started blogging, and now :) Feel free to make fun of me after seeing these photos! XD


Then..


Now :)
~~~~~~~~


Then (WOW this photo is terrible)


And now! I've gotten 3 more dolls since I started blogging (Kanani, Ruthie, and Grace) ;) I used to use an iPad for my photos, but now I use a Sony Cybershot camera. (It used to belong to my mom, but she gave it to me. I hope to get an even better camera sometime soon C:  )

That's all for today! I recently ordered and order from AG and one of my things arrives Saturday, so I should probably make a post about that soon :) The other thing I ordered was backordered- so I'm not completely sure when that comes :P
Thank you for reading!




15 comments:

  1. Congrats! Did you receive my emails? :)

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jana!!!! That is awesome!! I love looking back at my old posts and photos and then compare them to my newer ones. I love to see how much I have grown and how much my photos have changed! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shelby! :D :D I know! Same here! ^-^

      Delete
  3. Yay! Congratulations! I love looking back on my old pictures and then back to my pictures now.;)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! *throws confetti* I know! It's fun ;)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on one year!
    <3Bella
    P.S. I would type more but I'm icing my ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Annndd many more! ;)
      P.S. Oh, really? I hope it's not injured :(

      Delete
    2. I took out my earrings for the first and the bled. :(
      Bella

      Delete
  5. OH CONGRATS GIRLIE! ✨WOOO! CELABRATE GOOD TIMES COMMON! ✨
    ✨πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰✨
    * dances *... I like ur little TDD biography☺️πŸ˜† It's not my one year anniversary... yet.. ( hello?!) I just started with mine but will launch posts on fire soonπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„ ANYWAYS! CONGRATS I'm so happy for u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSOO FOR O N E YEAR! YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYA! CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COMMON! YEAH! LOL! *runs around the room and dances, puts on party hat and dances again* Thank you so much bestie! :3

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your one-year anniversary, darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!! Congrats :) Your most recent pictures turned out really amazing! I know, we all have to start somewhere and I can tell you've really worked hard and it's paid off!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D :D That means a lot <3 thanks so much! ^_^

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment on The Dolly District! Please no bad language or hurtful words, or you will be banned from commenting. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it!